I'd like to create an applet for gnucash

Christian Stimming stimming at tuhh.de
Tue Jun 26 08:16:12 EDT 2007

Quoting Martin Kaffanke <technik at roomandspace.com>:
>> Well, it would require work to integrate into gnome-session, get the
>> icon, do the hide vs. exit, and handle graceful shutdown..  But I think
>> this would be much easier than what you propose, and I think it gets
>> you most of what you want (quick 'startup' of the gnucash application).
>
> Yes, but what I suppose with a gnucash-data-server:  Gnucash could be
> easyer made multiuser frendly.

Dear Martin,

I'd like to remind you of the start of this discussion. Your initial
questions were "Where can I start?  Would this be easy on the gnucash
side," and we've answered that. We've pointed out those possibilities
that we consider "easy on the gnucash side". Other possibilities exist
but are definitely not easy.

Your current statement rather goes towards "I don't like the way
gnucash works currently; can we change it to xyz", and, as you might
guess, this is answered by
http://wiki.gnucash.org/wiki/FAQ#Q:_Why_don.27t_you_rewrite_GnuCash_in_programming_language_xyz_so_that_I_can_contribute_easily.3F

Regards,

Christian