Google Summer of Code.

Derek Atkins warlord at MIT.EDU
Thu Mar 15 12:17:49 EDT 2007

Hi,

If you have a specific project in mind then I encourage you to
apply to the Summer of Code.  Unfortunately I cannot advocate
for you to work on "guruCash".   But if you have specific issues
for GnuCash, you're welcome to apply as a student to work on a
project.

GnuCash is mostly written in C.  The UI is GTK2 (and in many cases
uses the Glade UI Builder).   There are parts of GnuCash written
in Scheme, but those pieces are relatively small and getting smaller
every day.

Unfortunately you're not clear in your email exactly what issues
you have with the UI, what you found hard to use, or what changes
you really would like to make.  To be accepted as a GSoC candidate
you would need to be explicit about what you wanted to change, and
potentially even HOW you planned to change it.   I encourage you
to take a look at our proposed ideas list as well.

Thanks for your interest in GnuCash and Google Summer of Code.

-derek

PS: I've forwarded this to gnucash-devel, which is where discussion
about GSoC and development in general takes place.