[Inquiry]GNUCash SoC - Implementing Undo

Derek Atkins warlord at MIT.EDU
Tue Mar 20 07:33:38 EDT 2007

"akintayo holder" <blakdogg at gmail.com> writes:

> Hi,
>  I plan on applying for a SoC project working on GNUCash. I have looked at
> the proposed ideas, and I want to write the undo/redo feature. Given the
> time period and the other issues like multi-user concurrent access, I would
> like to restrict the scope of the undo to single-user use cases. Is this a
> reasonable project ?
>
> I realize that a partial implementation isn't ideal, especially as the
> harder part is left undone but undo seems like a long overdue function. I
> still have to figure out how I will implement the feature, but I should be
> able to get that done Friday.
>
> So, reasonable or not ?

You should at least THINK about how you could extend this into a
multi-user environment, and maybe even leave the hooks in place to
extend it later.  I think it's okay if you don't actually implement
that part, but it should be clear HOW someone COULD implement it
later.

Beyond that, sure, go ahead and apply!   Good Luck!