windows build problems

Andreas Köhler andi5.py at gmx.net
Tue Mar 20 17:51:19 EDT 2007

Hi,

Am Dienstag, den 20.03.2007, 17:14 -0400 schrieb Dave Reiser:
> Attempting to build r15742 on winxp I end up at:

I have to admit that I have not tested r15742 on Windows yet.

> make[5]: *** No rule to make target `libgncmod_gnome_utils_la_SOURCES',
> needed by `libgncmod-gnome-utils.la'.  Stop.
> make[5]: Leaving directory `/c/soft/gnucash/build/src/gnome-utils'
> make[4]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
>
> I also get a warning a little earlier:
>
> *** Warning: linker path does not have real file for library -lhtmlhelp.
> *** I have the capability to make that library automatically link in when
> *** you link to this library.  But I can only do this if you have a
> *** shared version of the library, which you do not appear to have
> *** because I did check the linker path looking for a file starting
> *** with libhtmlhelp and none of the candidates passed a file format test
> *** using a file magic. Last file checked: /c/soft/gnome/lib/libiconv.a
> *** The inter-library dependencies that have been dropped here will be
> *** automatically added whenever a program is linked with this library
> *** or is declared to -dlopen it.
>
> *** Since this library must not contain undefined symbols,
> *** because either the platform does not support them or
> *** it was explicitly requested with -no-undefined,
> *** libtool will only create a static version of it.
>
> But htmlhelp.lib is in /c/soft/hh/lib, and HH_LDFLAGS="-L/c/soft/hh/lib"
> is exported by profile.d/installer.sh

That is weird.  In r15727 I added a test in inst_hh to make sure we can
really compile and link a test file similar to gnc-help-utils.c.  So if
you use install.sh, it should fail.  Also, I do not have
c:/soft/hh/lib/htmlhelp.lib, because it is moved to htmlhelp.lib.bak.
You should rather have libhtmlhelp.a.

> Dave

-- andi5