2.1.2 Release delayed

Derek Atkins warlord at MIT.EDU
Wed May 16 09:54:57 EDT 2007

Derek Atkins <warlord at MIT.EDU> writes:

> For the record, I see this on my FC7 system too.  I've added these two
> files to POTFILES.skip and I'm re-testing.  I'll commit this change if
> it works for me.  I see no problem with skipping these files.  I don't
> know why it started complaining, tho.. Maybe a change in the auto
> tools?

Just another update..  I decided to fix this by creating POTFILES.ignore
alongside POTFILES.skip.  The former file is considered "deprecated"
so intltool-update does complain about it, but it seems to solve the
problem.  Now "make check" works for me, and "make distcheck" still
works, too.

I suspect that eventually we can just move to using a single
POTFILES.skip and remove the top-level Makefile.am checks that compare
the POTFILES.skip to the dist list...  Maybe.  I need to think about
that more, as I don't recall EXACTLY why I added that check.  I think
it was added to make sure we don't accidentally skip a file that we
distribute.

Unfortunately there's no way (that I can see) to turn off the
automated "intltool-update -m" command in the newer makefile rules so
we're going to have to work around it somehow.