Minor Issues with 2.2 on Feisty

Michael T. Garrison Stuber garrisonstuber at garriber.org
Wed Nov 7 01:18:54 EST 2007

Greetings,
    I recently switched from Gentoo to Ubuntu 7.10 (Feisty Fawn).  I've
run into two issues:

    (1)   The build of libaqbanking provided in the default distribution
for some reason does not provide the aqofxconnect backend.  I simply
built my own copy and moved on.  I would say this is a bug in Ubuntu,
but I thought I would point it out so you're aware.

    (2)   When following the instructions on the Wiki
(http://wiki.gnucash.org/wiki/Building#Feisty), I get a lovely deb
package that I can install with dpkg, but Ubuntu is convinced that their
default GnuCash (without any online banking support at all) is better
than the hand build one.  Any notion how I can rebuild the package such
it's considered higher precedence than the Ubuntu one?

Thanks.