Compiling gnucash 2.2.1 on openSuSe 10.2

John Sved john.sved at onlinehome.de
Thu Sep 20 04:30:45 EDT 2007

Hi,

As there has been no response I am posting this again.

The goal is to to have the HBCI banking enabled.  (I use this already
with Moneyplex 2004)  For whatever reason to do with licensing HBCI is
not enabled in the SuSE 10.2 gnucash RPM.   Not including HBCI in the
RPM rather spoils the functionality.  Who's idea is this?

FYI:   I recently came into contact with the local representative for
the EU Open TTT Project  (Open Source Partnership for Enterprises and
Network of Developers aiming at Transnational Technology Transfer). see
www.openttt.eu    This looks like a worth while network.  I place myself
in the small enterprise user category.  gnucash is rather vital.  Pity
that the HBCI banking is blocked.   The licensing reason seems rather
lame and self defeating.

Following helpful instructions (see previous posts in this thread)

I am using the gnucash-2.2.1.tar.gz source  The processor is i586

I installed the following from PACKMAN in this order

libktoblzcheck1-1.15-42.pm.1
ktoblzcheck-1.15-42.pm.1
libaqhbci10-2.3.2-0.pm.1
libaqbanking16-2.3.2-0.pm.1
aqbanking-qt3-2.3.2-0.pm.1
aqbanking-2.3.2-0.pm.1

then

./configure --enable-hbci

this time I noticed that the ofx hbci option was listed after it finished

make
make install

but still no setup hbci in the TOOLS menu.

regards,

John

Rauch Christian wrote:
> > I have installed the following:
> >
> > ktoblzcheck-1.15-42.pm.1
> > libktoblzcheck1-1.15-42.pm.1
> > aqbanking-2.3.2-0.pm.1
> > aqbanking-qt3-2.3.2-0.pm.1
> > libaqbanking16-2.3.2-0.pm.1
> > libaqhbci10-2.3.2-0.pm.1
> >
> > and GnuCash 2.2.1 on x86_64 from [1] and I have hbci setup in Tools.
> > I don't know which aqbanking packages you installed, those from packman
> > or some others?
> > I did not try i586, but I suppose it works too.
> >
> > Regards,
> > Chris
> >
> > [1]

ftp://ftp.rauchs-home.de/suse/10.2/x86_64/gnucash-2.2.1-0.rauch.1.x86_64.rpm