A new stable release 2.2.8 relatively soon?

Christian Stimming stimming at tuhh.de
Sat Dec 6 17:32:14 EST 2008

Dear all,

I'd like to propose to have a new stable release 2.2.8 relatively soon.

Over the last weeks I had some spare time and used it to commit all those
patches that were floating around in bugzilla and gnucash-devel. This gave a
significant improvement for the 2.2 branch, so I think we have well enough
bugfixes and improvements, not the least improved translations, to justify a
new 2.2.8 release. Could we plan to have one, e.g. next weekend? December
14th?

@Andreas: Do you think you can act as the release manager once again? Do you
need help to compile the release notes or would you do that yourself?

For the record: From January onwards, I know that my job situation will be
even more interesting and challenging, which means I will be able to spend
only extremely little time on gnucash anymore. Right now I think I spend
approx. 3-5 hours per week on gnucash in total, but next year this will
reduce (again) to less than one hour per week. So, no more patches by me next
year, only the ones that are already in SVN this year. :-)

Thanks a lot!

Regards,

Christian