testing the book zeroing code (maybe for backport?)

Derek Atkins warlord at MIT.EDU
Mon Feb 4 10:42:40 EST 2008

Christian Stimming <stimming at tuhh.de> writes:

> Am Mittwoch, 30. Januar 2008 22:18 schrieb Andreas Köhler:
>> > Over this weekend I implemented a simple book closing feature
>> > that lets you zeroize the Income and Expense accounts into
>> > Equity.  It's comprised of changesets r16713, 16714, and 16715.
>> > It's only impemented in the trunk branch at the moment.
>> >
>> > Please test and comment and let me know if you find any problems with
>> > it.  If it works well and doesn't have many issues maybe we can get it
>> > into 2.2.3 or 2.2.4.
>>
>> what do you think, shall we consider this for GnuCash 2.2.4?
>
> I'd say yes for back-port. I haven't tested this myself, though, but compared
> to other features we have in 2.2.x it is probably complete enough.

Just make sure you pull in all the changesets.  There was another bug
that I fixed later where it would create double transactions if you
ran it twice.  So make sure you pull that in, too.