GDA Missing records in SQLite

Mark Johnson mrj001 at shaw.ca
Wed Feb 20 00:06:10 EST 2008

By examining which transactions, accounts, and splits were missing from
SQLite (as compared to MySQL), I was able to determine that anything
which had a single quote in a string (description, name, & memo fields)
failed to be inserted into SQLite.  This is a one-to-one
correspondence.  i.e. anything that had a single quote failed.  These
were the only records missing as compared to MySql.

At the moment, I am guessing that the SQLite provider does not properly
escape such strings passed to it.  If so, the SQL INSERT statements
would be illegal and fail.  (I've built just such a bug myself once
using MySql.)

More study of the SQLite provider is required.  I did not find any
existing bug reports regarding single quotes and the SQLite provider.
If  I can confirm my guess, I'll file the bug report.

Mark