glossary file (was: Language file de_CH)

Christian Stimming stimming at tuhh.de
Fri Feb 29 15:16:36 EST 2008

Am Freitag, 29. Februar 2008 01:19 schrieb Raffael Luthiger:
> Christian Stimming wrote:
> > My question rather was: This is what I found in the glossary. What did
> > you do in the translation itself?
>
> Ah, OK. Most of the changes (amount wise) are the same thing as in the
> glossary (sharp S). And in some sentence I changed the word order. (Not
> that important) And I changed all "Aktiva/Passiva" into "Aktiven/Passiven".
>
> > #. "English Definition (Dear translator: This file will never be visible
> > to the user! It should only serve as a tool for you, the translator.
> > Nothing more.)"
> > msgid "Term (Dear translator: This file will never be visible to the
> > user!)"
> >
> > Is this still unclear?
>
> I have seen this one. But I didn't get the idea behind it. Is this
> really just a stand alone file?

Yes.

> I didn't see in what way it could help me.

See http://wiki.gnucash.org/wiki/Translation . It is standard practice in
larger translations to start off with the creation of such a glossary, and
only in a second step dealing with the translation itself.

For example, your translation "Aktiven" should have been noted in the glossary
if that's the word you decided upon.

Christian