AUDIT: r16718 - gnucash/trunk/src/register/ledger-core - Choose a reasonable currency in stock registers (#116353)

Christian Stimming stimming at tuhh.de
Sat Jan 5 16:23:27 EST 2008

Am Samstag, 5. Januar 2008 02:18 schrieb Andreas Köhler:
> Hi Christian,
>
> Am Dienstag, den 25.12.2007, 11:23 -0500 schrieb Derek Atkins:
> > Author: warlord
> > Trac: http://svn.gnucash.org/trac/changeset/16718
>
> ---8<---
>
> > +	gnc_info_dialog(NULL, "%s",
> > +			_("Could not compute the currency for this register.  "
> > +			  "Using the locale currency."));
> > +      }
> >      }
>
> ---8<---
>
> Does this new translatable string break the string freeze if backported
> to branches/2.2?

Yes, it breaks the string freeze if we had one. However, I think the bugfix
justifies introducing this additional one.

Actually I'm not so sure whether the original message wording couldn't be
improved. For one, "the locale currency" is probably a rather unknown term
(think Windows user here). Couldn't we say something like:

  Could not determine the account currency for this register.
  Using the currency obtained from the system's locale setting instead.

or similar? That should make it more useful for the non-techie user...

Christian