GNUCash translation status

Claude Paroz claude at 2xlibre.net
Mon Jan 14 15:53:04 EST 2008

Hi,

Seeing that you had some problems in integrating translation status of
GNUCash in the Translation project, I'd like to propose you to integrate
http://l10n.gnome.org to track translation status of GNUCash.

I've already discussed this matter with Christian Stimming, and the main
drawback we currently see is the necessity to have POTFILES.in committed
in the SVN, like we do for all other GNOME apps, unless intltool-update
fails.

The Damned Lies app that powers up the l10n.gnome.org website allows to
have almost real-time status from SVN (HEAD or branches).
See e.g. http://l10n.gnome.org/module/gedit
Translators only need to download the already merged po files (or pot
file for a fresh new language) to begin complete a translation. It's
very straightforward, even for non-technical people.
We could then add a note specific to GNUCash where to submit files
(bugzilla or email address).

Moreover, this could also boost GNUCash translations, taking advantage
of GNOME translation team's momentum.

Cheers,

Claude
--