report-guid issue

Davide Imbeni davide.imbeni at gmail.com
Tue Jan 15 08:46:18 EST 2008

Hi all,

I've been using GnuCash on Suse Linux for years now. I currently run
GnuCash-2.2.99 svn (r16856) on Opensuse 10.3. I try to keep updated the svn
version quite often, and I have recently started to get the following
warning message at startup:

"Your report system includes one or more reports without a proper
report-guid field. This report may break without warning in future versions
of GnuCash. Please review your saved reports file and update those reports."

Now, in .gnucash/books/MyAccounts I've found a number of report-guid
entries, followed by long hex strings of the type
SchemeOptions=(let ((options (gnc:report-template-new-options/report-guid
"2fe3b9833af044abb929a88d5a59620f" "Transaction Report"))) ...
one per each report tab I have (it's quite many)

All reports appear to have such entry, so I guess it might be so that the
hex code is sometimes wrong.
I also wonder if this could be related to the " Crash in Accounts receivable
report" and "gnucash crashes on open due to missing custom report"
threads...

Any clues?

Thank you

Davide