GDA: possible problem

Albert Lash albert.lash at gmail.com
Wed Jan 30 17:55:16 EST 2008

Just wanted to chime in here and mention that I'm also interested in
using a SQL powered storage mechanism with GnuCash. Since GnuCash is a
desktop application, I was thinking SQLite might be a good candidate.
I think GnuCash has connected with Postgres and MySQL, but has anyone
ever tried SQLite?

On Jan 30, 2008 3:44 AM, Mark Johnson <mrj001 at shaw.ca> wrote:
> Phil,
> I decided to check my postgresql log file for insight into the poor
> performance.  While doing so, I noticed the following:
>
> ERROR:  null value in column "slot_id" violates not-null
> constraint
> STATEMENT:  INSERT INTO slots (obj_guid, name, slot_type, int64_val,
> string_val, double_val, times
> pec_val, guid_val, numeric_val_num, numeric_val_denom) VALUES
> ('77889f8da5fb434ae68891da19bef5ad', 'reconcile-info/last-date', 1,
> 1199170799, NULL, NULL, '1969-12-31', NULL, 0, 1)
> ERROR:  null value in column "slot_id" violates not-null
> constraint
> STATEMENT:  INSERT INTO slots (obj_guid, name, slot_type, int64_val,
> string_val, double_val, times
> pec_val, guid_val, numeric_val_num, numeric_val_denom) VALUES
> ('77889f8da5fb434ae68891da19bef5ad', 'reconcile-info/include-children',
> 1, 0, NULL, NULL, '1969-12-31', NULL, 0, 1)
> ERROR:  null value in column "slot_id" violates not-null
> constraint
> STATEMENT:  INSERT INTO slots (obj_guid, name, slot_type, int64_val,
> string_val, double_val, times
> pec_val, guid_val, numeric_val_num, numeric_val_denom) VALUES
> ('77889f8da5fb434ae68891da19bef5ad',
> 'reconcile-info/last-interval/days', 1, 0, NULL, NULL, '1969-12-31',
> NULL, 0, 1)
>
> and many many other similar entries.  These appear just after the
> NOTICEs about creating table primary keys creating implicit indices.
> Therefore, these were done by the initial save to the db just after
> creating the db schema.  I note that my slots table is empty.
>
> Mark

My Blogs:
http://www.docunext.com/
http://www.albertlash.com/