Reporting: weighted average price source

Charles Day cedayiv at gmail.com
Tue Jul 8 11:41:21 EDT 2008

On Tue, Jul 8, 2008 at 6:54 AM, Derek Atkins <warlord at mit.edu> wrote:

> "Charles Day" <cedayiv at gmail.com> writes:
>
> > I've added the new price source which I have called "Average Cost" (for
> now,
> > at least). Committed as r17266.
> >
> > For now I have not removed the "Weighted Average" price source from any
> > reports. I will have a look at that later on.
>
> When you do you might consider making "Nearest in Time" the default....
> Maybe..

I thought about that, but the problem with "nearest in time" is that, as I
recall, it requires pricedb entries to exist. Perhaps I could make it
default to "nearest in time" whenever entries are detected. I will at least
change the default to "average cost". If you know an easy way to detect
whether there are pricedb entries, let me know. That stuff is completely new
to me.

-Charles