time_t

Martin Preuss aquamaniac at gmx.de
Thu Jul 17 01:46:05 EDT 2008

Hi,

On Mittwoch, 16. Juli 2008, Charles Day wrote:
> On Wed, Jul 16, 2008 at 9:47 AM, Derek Atkins <warlord at mit.edu> wrote:
> > Mike or Penny Novack <stepbystepfarm at mtdata.com> writes:
[...]
> I agree, 1200UTC would prevent time zones from shifting transactions to
> another day. That would be a better default than 0000 local. That could
> work for default price times as well (see but 541970).
[...]

That's what I'm doing in my own application for quite a long time. I had the
same problems there when creating reports because all dates where stored in
00:00 UTC which shifted backwards/forwards a day depending on the local time
zone :-/
Since I'm using 12:00 UTC these problems have faded, though I have to admit
that I don't have users in Togo as it seems :-)

Regards
Martin

--
"Things are only impossible until they're not"

Martin Preuss - http://www.aquamaniac.de/
AqBanking - http://www.aqbanking.de/
LibChipcard - http://www.libchipcard.de/