Register Column Widths

Andreas Köhler andi5.py at gmx.net
Sun Jun 8 19:51:55 EDT 2008

Hi David,

Am Sonntag, den 08.06.2008, 15:18 -0700 schrieb David T.:
> I'm including devel list for good reason.

you are funny :-)

> I took a look through the source download for 2.2.5 (taken from
> http://www.gnucash.org/pub/gnucash/sources/stable/gnucash-2.2.5.tar.gz) but when I expanded this, my copy did not have a src/register folder. Does that make sense? My 2.2.5 src looks like:
[snip]

That tarball definitely contains the src/register subdirectory.
Just enter
pushd ~ && mkdir my-little-test && cd my-little-test &&
wget http://www.gnucash.org/pub/gnucash/sources/stable/gnucash-2.2.5.tar.gz && tar -xzpf gnucash-2.2.5.tar.gz && ls -lR gnucash-2.2.5/src/register && popd

> Also, when I looked through the register folder in 2.2.4, I couldn't
> find any clear spot where the Description column is set to
> auto-resize. Is there some variable that I should use to find this?

The description cell is added in
split-register-load.c:gnc_split_register_layout_add_cells with parameter
expandable=TRUE.  But do not think that I will touch that code ;-)

> David

-- andi5