install question

Janice Taylor Powers jan7 at optonline.net
Wed May 14 10:46:04 EDT 2008

So sorry to bother you.  I wanted to install the program for Windows XP.
But just reading through the language/instructions for the install with
binaries and g-wraps and things.I am very confused.  I went to Wiki
that was worse. The wiki offers an almost automatic build
Are they talking about the open source code for developers?

Could you give me the dummies version?   I just want to install it and use
it.

Source code?  Or source code with binary?  And what do I do with it?  Will
it self-extract, install wizard and all that?