Import from old Quicken format

Charles Day cedayiv at gmail.com
Fri May 23 23:26:48 EDT 2008

On Fri, May 23, 2008 at 1:34 PM, Rhys Howitt (E-mail) <rhysh at webone.com.au>
wrote:

> Hoping someone can help with this.
>
> My club uses an ancient version of Quicken.  This has served us well, but
> it's past time to convert to GnuCash.
>
> Our accounts (there are many) are in a .QSD and .QDF format.
>
> Last time I looked, there was no straightforward way to convert these to
> GnuCash or even a more modern version of Quicken.

Unfortunately, Australian versions of Quicken doesn't support QIF export,
which is how we would do it in the US and Europe.

> Does anyone have any suggestions?

Some folks have saved Quicken reports as text files, then used a converter
to massage them (with a bit of work) into QIF format, or even directly into
GnuCash XML format. Perhaps one of them can provide more details. (Or search
the mailing list archives for their previous posts.)

Cheers,
Charles

Rhys