Lots and SQL backend

Derek Atkins warlord at MIT.EDU
Tue Sep 9 11:13:31 EDT 2008

Phil Longstaff <plongstaff at rogers.com> writes:

>> PS: I'll just note that this is why I keep saying that the DB backend
>> is just a data store; putting in table requirements like this just
>> causes problems for GnuCash and just makes everyone's life more
>> difficult.
>>
> Well, the other option was to remove the table constraint.  I had hoped
> to leave it in, but the code would need to be scrubbed and I don't have
> the time right now to do it.

I understand why you want the table constraint in there..  But it's also
the case that the code would need to be audited.

Luckily there aren't many places where lots are used, so it MAY be
safe to auto-destroy the lot in this case.  I just don't know.  But
I suspect there aren't too many places where the code calls this API
(directly or indirectly).

The key is making sure that the caller doesn't keep a reference
to the lot anymore.