2.3.0

Derek Atkins warlord at MIT.EDU
Tue Apr 28 11:38:23 EDT 2009

I agree it would be good to document it.    Basically it's:

1) Update configure.in with the version #
2) Make sure make distcheck works
3) Commit; tag; then run distcheck (again)  (note that for 2.3.x we
   only tag; no branch)
4) Upload tarball; commit htdocs NEWS entry.

I highly suggest creating the release schedule ahead of time.
Say, a release every 2-3 weeks for the 2.3.x series with a proposed
date for the 2.4.0 release.

-derek