New gnucash Mac OSX binaries fail to start

John Ralls jralls at ceridwen.us
Thu Aug 27 16:58:32 EDT 2009

On Aug 27, 2009, at 10:12 AM, Derek Atkins wrote:

> John Ralls <jralls at ceridwen.fremont.ca.us> writes:
>
>> On Aug 27, 2009, at 7:20 AM, Derek Atkins wrote:
>>
>>> John: How hard would it be to set up jhbuild to build from released
>>> tarballs instead of pulling from svn/git/bzm/etc?  For stable/tag
>>> release builds I think it would be much better to be able to pull
>>> from a
>>> stable dependency.  We can always supply a patch on top of the
>>> tarball
>>> if necessary, like we do on Win32.
>>
>> It's already set up, including patches. That's how I build the
>> release
>> binaries.
>
> Ah, and this is why a packaging/osx would be a great thing, if for
> no other reason than a place to collect those patches :)

OK, I suppose. Perhaps the best way for you to do that would be to
make packaging/osx reflect git://github.com/jralls/gnucash-on-
osx.git.  With a bit of luck they'll be mostly unnecessary in the next
major release of Gnome and Gnucash. (The Gnucash patches are already
in SVN thanks to Charles Day.)

Regards,
John Ralls