make check failing on mac leopard

David Reiser dbreiser at earthlink.net
Wed Feb 25 10:22:21 EST 2009

On Feb 19, 2009, at 2:36 PM, Charles Day wrote:

> On Thu, Feb 19, 2009 at 11:10 AM, Charles Day <cedayiv at gmail.com>
> wrote:
> I tried "make check" on my mac today, and it is failing (see below).
> I assume that this is related to the ".so" vs. ".dylib" thing, to
> which I hope that Dave can still recall the answer. See: http://www.mail-archive.com/fink-devel@lists.sourceforge.net/msg13057.html
>
> Any bright ideas on what I have to change to fix this?
>
> Sorry to reply to my own question, but it was solved by adjusting
> $DYLD_LIBRARY_PATH with:
>
> export DYLD_LIBRARY_PATH="/System/Library/Frameworks/
> ApplicationServices.framework/Versions/A/Frameworks/
> ImageIO.framework/Versions/A/Resources:/opt/local/lib"
>
> (all on one line)
>
> This was for libraries built with MacPorts, so I guess it would be
> different with fink.

[snip]

A straightforward substitution of the fink libs '/sw/lib' for '/opt/
local/lib' doesn't work for me.

I have never managed to get make check to work on my mac. With
yesterday's trunk, it fails in test-lots at
OTHER <gnc.lots> [xaccSplitAssignToLot()] Failed to split into two!

The resolution of the thread mentioned above was to remove the sed
patch pogma mentioned late in the thread.

The fink wizards are unanimous in warning that DYLD_LIBRARY_PATH
should be avoided if at all possible. It doesn't do the same thing in
OS X that it does in Linux, and frequently gets in the way on the Mac.
DYLD_FALLBACK_LIBRARY_PATH is generally recommended as 'doing what you
want'. While trunk builds for me without the substitution, for the
fink I have to replace all of the DYLD_LIBRARY_PATH instances with
DYLD_FALLBACK_LIBRARY_PATH or gnucash won't build. Fink almost wipes
your environment before it builds, so something gets out of whack in
that  step. Doing that substitution in trunk does not solve my make
check problem.

Dave
--
David Reiser