add-price-quotes - windows command line

tstalker at word-builder.com tstalker at word-builder.com
Wed Jul 8 17:06:35 EDT 2009

I've been trying to get the add-price-quotes command to work in my
gnucash program on my Windows XP computer. The file I need to run is
on a different hard drive from the program. Via the command line, I
navigate to C:\Program Files\gnucash\bin, where I run gnucash
--add-price-quotes H:\My Documents\Finances\software\gnucash\test

test is the name of the file. I get a runtime error that I can't
remember now here at work, but I tried the syntax of the command
differently, using $HOME\path-file, reversing the slashes in the path,
all multiple times.

Same thing.

Then I quit gnucash and tried running the command as well. Same thing.

Then I tried updating prices from GUI. Would run but wouldn't update
prices. I think because I had already updated them from the GUI earlier.

Is there a way to run the price editor auto updates by not using the
command line? Does the file have to reside on the same hard drive? How
can I make a cron job in Windows to update at a certain time?

I'm rather comfortable with the command line on Unix but not in
Windows. I never use the terminal in Windows to do anything.

Thanks, all