GNU Cash question

Graham Leggett minfrin at sharp.fm
Tue Mar 24 11:13:06 EDT 2009

Caren Langenhoven wrote:

> This program was recommended to me by my IT guy.
>
> We are in South Africa. The business that I want to run on GNU Cash is VAT registered. Will I be able to do my South African VAT(14%) on this program?

I use gnucash for a ZA based business. I use the gnucash VAT features
for VAT output tax (VAT on invoices), but capture the VAT input tax as a
line item on bills (VAT on purchases). This is done to stop gnucash
trying to work out the VAT input tax itself, and to account for input
and output tax separately (gnucash lumps these two together by default).

So in short, yes.

> Id this program PASTEL compliant?

What does "pastel compliant" mean? (I understand "pastel" to be a
product, rather than a standard).

Regards,
Graham