Program Startup

Mike C. subscribe307 at verizon.net
Thu May 28 17:15:56 EDT 2009

All of a sudden I can't open the GnuCash program.  I am using version
2.2.9 with Windows XP SP3.  It was working fine yesterday and the last
thing I can remember doing was setting up the download for a credit
card.  Now when I try to start the program from either a shortcut or
going to the gnucash.cmd file it flashes a DOS command line screen for a
fraction of a second to fast to read and then nothing.  I tried
rebooting the computer with no change.
I have a lot of data entered and would sure hate to loose it.  Any
suggestions what might be causing this?
Help!
Mike