Moving from 2.2.6 to 2.2.9 and dropping src/register/register-gnome/gnucash-sheet.c patch (use g_hash_table_new_full to request g_free on de-allocated items)

Loïc Martin loic.martin3 at gmail.com
Sun May 31 20:03:13 EDT 2009

Derek Atkins wrote:
> One of the patches that got applied to Ubuntu 2.2.6-3 was broken.
> I *believe* this was it, and if you read through the SVN timeline
> I believe you'll see that this patch was later applied and then
> reverted because it's broken.  (This is why so many Ubuntu users
> complain about 2.2.6-3 -- it crashes die to one of the patches).

You're right, it was reverted at revision 17781 (Bug #564928). For
2.2.9, we'll now ship pristine upstream code. While I'm at it, is there
any patches to apply to 2.2.9 that I don't know of?

> Thanks for taking the time to finally update Ubuntu!

AFAIU it will only make its way into Ubuntu 9.10 though, unless there's
compeling reasons to do a backport - I don't use the program at the
moment, so I couldn't tell. However, it should at least be possible to
revert the broken patch for 2.2.6 in Ubuntu 8.10 and 9.04, now that the
culprit is clear.

Thanks a lot, and thanks for the code,
Loïc