Temporary objects

Phil Longstaff plongstaff at rogers.com
Sat Oct 24 20:06:49 EDT 2009

There aren't many places were temporary objects are created, but gnc-account-
sel is one of them.  If there is a commodity filter, commodity objects are
created (but never destroyed - memory leak, but that's another issue).  The
problem I have is that these temporary commodities are copies of the regular
currencies, leading to duplicates in the db (since with the sql backend,
they're automatically stored).

Does anyone know this code well enough to say why we can't just use the real
commodities instead of making copies?

Phil