[OSX] Webkit.

John Ralls jralls at ceridwen.us
Tue Sep 15 13:42:31 EDT 2009

On Sep 15, 2009, at 8:37 AM, Phil Longstaff wrote:

> Me too.  Except for a few bugs (printer font too small when report
> printed/image doesn't appear on invoice) on Windows, webkit seems to
> be stable on win32 and linux.  I don't want to proceed to far
> without nailing it down on the mac as well.
>
> For win32, I ended up getting a build someone (who is working on the
> win32 port, I believe) had done, and we have just put that in a file
> and reuse it for every build (go tohttp://sourceforge.net/projects/gnucash/files/
> , open up 2.3.0 and you'll see webkit-1.1.5-win32.zip).  Maybe we
> need to do that for mac as well.  If you get a mac build that works,
> zip it up and store it.

If you're developing against a frozen version of Webkit, no worries, I
guess. I've got 1.1.12 patched and working, with a copy of the release
tarball stored locally. The long term risk will come when Gtk changes
their interface (which they've been talking about on gtk-devel instead
of reviewing OSX patches, grr.) and Webkit-gtk-1.1.12 no longer builds
against it. Of course, given how long it took Gnucash to move to Gtk
+-2, that might be a feature...

Regards,
John Ralls