bounty for online banking idea for GnuCash

Martin Preuss aquamaniac at gmx.de
Wed Sep 16 07:21:55 EDT 2009

Hi,

On Mittwoch, 16. September 2009, Dave (DavesTechShop.net) wrote:
[...]
> Judging by your question, Martin, I assume you have missed all the "front
> page" news in the US about Mint.com, Yodlee.com, Quicken Oniine, Wesabe,
> etc.
[...]

No, I didn't miss the fact that those services exist (being the developer of
libaqbanking's OFX DirectConnect client I know all to well at least about
Yodlee...).

But from my understanding of privacy I couldn't get myself to give my
financial data - not even transaction data - to a *website*...

And personally I fail to understand why other people would hand over their
financial information to quite unknown third parties...

As to the core of your question: If I understand correctly wesabe already lets
you upload your financial transactions and stuff quite automatically, right?

So are you asking for a way to get your information from wasebe to GnuCash or
do you want GnuCash to mimic the firefox addon for the purpose of gathering
and then uploading your information to wesabe?

Regards
Martin

--
"Things are only impossible until they're not"

Martin Preuss - http://www2.aquamaniac.de/
AqBanking - http://www.aqbanking.de/
LibChipcard - http://www.libchipcard.de/