Importing Invoices & Expense Reports

Sebastian Held sebastian.held at gmx.de
Sat Sep 19 14:02:50 EDT 2009

Hi Derek, hi Jeremy

Am Samstag, 19. September 2009 18:56:06 schrieb Derek Atkins:
> Hi,
>
> Jeremy Andrews <jeremy at tag1consulting.com> writes:
> > Hello,
> >
> > I'm using GnuCash for managing the finances for my small consulting
> > company.  I currently track hours with a couple of custom open source
> > Drupal modules [1] [2], and each month I run reports which I then
> > manually turn into GnuCash invoices.  I'm hoping to remove this manual
> > step, as it's time consuming and error prone.
> >
> > My question is:  what is the simplest format that I could export reports
> > to, which could then be imported into GnuCash to generate invoices?  I
> > need a solution that works with the current stable 2.2.x branch.  I see
> > a number of options under the Import menu, but I'm not sure which format
> > is best suited to what I'm trying to do or even which formats are easy
> > to generate from PHP code.
>
> I'm afraid to say that at this time there is no way in GnuCash to import
> any business objects (Customers, Vendors, Invoices, etc).

I'm glad to say, that importing customers and invoices already works on my
development machine.
I can provide precompiled plugins for gnucash, but please tell me the gnucash
version and your operating system.

If you are an experienced developer, monitor http://tellico.dyndns.org/drupal
for the source to appear soon.

Sebastian