Deprecated libraries

Phil Longstaff plongstaff at rogers.com
Fri Sep 25 10:16:11 EDT 2009

I tried a build last night with deprecated gnome/glib/gtk/gdk/... features disabled.  I submitted a patch for one simple change.  GnomeDruid (libgnomeui) is deprecated in favor of GtkAssistant.  I logged a bug for this one.  GtkTooltips is deprecated in favor of GtkTooltip.  However, there are comments in the code to the effect that some needed features aren't in Gtk (tooltip on each item of a combo box).  Others, as Derek says, are dependencies of our dependencies.

Re major versions: 2.4 will have the new db backend and webkit instead of gtkhtml.  I think 2.6 should have new reports (Chris Dennis' eguile-based reports) and register rewrite.

Phil