reports, template/library proposal -- LAML

Laimonas Vėbra laimonas.vebra at gmail.com
Fri Apr 16 12:30:10 EDT 2010

Christian Stimming wrote:

> I don't know LAML or any other potential options so far. Can you explain /
> outline a bit how using LAML will result in more "mature" or "standards-aware"
> report writing? From looking at the page, I don't immediately see how this

Well, it could result in a common (and most importantly -- consistent,
mature) interface/API for writing reports following standards (LAML is
capable of context free grammar of XML/HTML validation) or at least
mirroring/writing html syntax in pure scheme.

> would make our reports any more readable or easier to be written for
> newcomers...

Would eguile do it either? Absolutely no. I do know scheme programming,
html, css and i can't imagine how it would be possible for newcommer to
write a report without knowing scheme at all...
I don't think, that such way of report writing is preferred, friendly
for scheme programmer either...