r19077 - gnucash/trunk - Bug #616696 - Development version warning string should not include hardcode version.

Christian Stimming stimming at tuhh.de
Tue Apr 27 16:40:11 EDT 2010

Am Dienstag, 27. April 2010 schrieb Geert Janssens:
> Ugh, I had this gut feeling something wasn't right...
>
> I've quickly looked at the code, but I don't think it's easy to modify it
>  in such a way that parameters can be substituted generically. I could add
>  some exception code that particularly tests for my use case
> (GNUCASH_LATEST_STABLE_VERSION), but I don't like that idea.

I thought of changing the string so that it contains %s instead of @-
GNUCASH_LATEST_STABLE_VERSION-@:

  "...use the latest release of GnuCash %s.")

This string would be the only tip-of-day that contains a "%s". So you would
then also modify the tip-of-day display code to check for this single
exception. All other strings are just translated, but this one after
translation would be passed through sprintf as well.

> Unless someone knows a better way to implement this, I'll just revert my
> change altogether.

Well, yes, unless you are up to try out the workaround described above :-)

Thanks for picking up the issue, tho :-)

Regards,

Christian