AW: AW: gnucash upgrade from 2.2.9 to 2.3.14: AqBanking configfolderchanged

Jannick Asmus jannick.news at gmail.com
Tue Aug 17 10:18:50 EDT 2010

John Ralls wrote:
> On Aug 17, 2010, at 5:21 AM, Jannick Asmus wrote:

>> Thx. Simply by double click? This does not seem to have any result.
>> ... sorry for this real newbie question.
>>

> No, it's a command. You'll have to open a cmd.exe window and type
> "x:\path\to\aqbanking-cli updateconf" . (For OSX, I wrote a scriptlet
> so that users can have an icon to click which does the upgrade.
> Perhaps one of the Win32 maintainers could do the equivalent. Better
> yet would be for Tools>Online Banking Setup to do it directly and
> automatically.)

Thx. That is easy. Here the prompted result:

C:\Program Files\gnucash-unstable\bin>aqbanking-cli updateconf
Config for AqBanking 4 found, no update needed.
Your configuration seems to be ok.

I checked: no change. But I did some configs already to have HBCI run
with 2.3.14. Perhaps AqB didn't like that and prefers the its config
folder "untouched".

BTW: I installed 2.3.14 into another folder of ~\programs different from
the 2.2.9 folder, but now the 2.2.9 cannot be started any more. Is that
normal because of big differences between the two versions? If so I
could properly deinstall 2.2.9. Do you recommend that? I thought I keep
the last stable version in case of problems with 2.3.14. But this does
not seem to work.

Thx for all your really good work.

Best wishes,
J.