GnuCash 2.2.9

Ulrike Fischer news3 at nililand.de
Fri Feb 5 02:38:17 EST 2010

Am Thu, 4 Feb 2010 16:25:55 +0100 schrieb Geert Janssens:

>> I do understand that I don't see in single line modus a destination
>> for 20 in the Konten:Bar part of the report as it has two
>> destinations. But why can't I get (or how can I get)
>> Konten:Bar
>> Januar2010
>> 05.01.2010 Grocery  Expenses:Food  10
>>                     Expenses:Other 10
>>
> You can't.
>
> What you can get with multiline is this:
>
> Expenses:Food
> Januar 2010
> 05.01.2010 Grocery  Expenses:Food      10
>                     Expenses:Other     10
>                     Konten:Bar     20

> To get this, you need to
> * enable multiline ("Multizeilen")
> * check "Account Name" ("Kontobezeichnung")
> * uncheck "Other Account Name" ("Name des Gegenkontos")

Oh I see. Obviously in the back of my mind I still had the idea of
(crippled) split transactions like in quicken where one side there
is only only account which can count as source or destination for
all transactions on the other side. But in gnucash you can also have
(and I have a lot of them)

konten:cash:A   50 expenses:food  30
konten:cash:B   40 expenses:other 60

In this cases the notion of a source or destination of the money
doesn't make sense anymore and there is no
"Gegenkonto/Umbuchungskonto"

So to answer Christian's question:

> Do you have any proposals on how we should improve the documentation
> (option names, option tooltips, documentation) here?

I think at first that the german translation shouldn't use
"Vollständig" but something else. Even the english "Split" is better
than the current word.

And the option dialog/documentation of the report should use at
appropriate place "split details". E.g. "useful when showing split
details", "shows the accounts in split details", ....

--
Ulrike Fischer