Account stopped rendering

Michael Brade brade at kde.org
Tue Feb 16 08:23:41 EST 2010

Hi,

> Well, I'd love to help, but I'm not sure how.

thanks for your reply! I didn't know about the trace-file and the "Check and
repair" option.

> If other account registers display fine, I'm tempted to conclude that it is
> really something in your data, more particularly, in your cash account.
>
> Let's first try to get some additional information.
>
> Can you start version 2.2.9 from the command line and open your cash
>  account.
>
> If something is printed on the console, can you report it here ? Also,
>  check if /tmp/gnucash.trace contains any information.

Nope, I always start gnucash from the console but there was never anything
useful printed.

And now the good news - there has been an updated goffice on debian yesterday I
think, along with a few other things. So I have installed gnucash on my second
laptop and completely updated the system, made libgoffice-0.8.so.7 point to the
new libgoffice-0.8.so.8 (gnucash still wants the so.7) and now it works!! So my
account was fine (phew!), it seems to have been some library breakage. Bummer.

So bottom line for me - problem solved, now catch up with the last 2.5 months
:-)

Thanks,
  Michael