astyle options [Was: Scaheme formatting with astyle]

Christian Stimming stimming at tuhh.de
Thu Feb 25 03:22:05 EST 2010

Zitat von Thomas Troesch <ttroesch at gmail.com>:

>>> http://lists.gnucash.org/pipermail/gnucash-devel/2009-August/026121.html
>>> and
>>> my commit r18675 recently.
>>>
>> which links to previous
>>
>>   As a one-liner:
>>>
>>>  $ astyle --indent=spaces=4 --brackets=break --pad-oper  *.[hc]
>>>

> its --pad=oper so
>
>  $ astyle --indent=spaces=4 --brackets=break --pad=oper  *.[hc]

This part of the astyle option syntax changed recently. It used to be
--pad=oper (with equal sign), but with astyle-1.24 it is --pad-oper
--pad-header (both with dash, no equal sign anymore).

The current maintainer of astyle unfortunately doesn't particularly
care about things such as backward compatibility here. He doesn't
particularly care about accepting contributions from other developers
to his project either. My email archive contains some rather
unfriendly messages from that side. Whatever.

Regards,

Christian