TXF categories for French tax system

Frank H. Ellenberger f.ellenberger at online.de
Thu Jan 7 22:03:34 EST 2010

Am Thursday 07 January 2010 00:34:37 schrieb Parker Jones:
> Hello everyone,
>
> I saw that gnucash comes with German tax categories and at first glance
> this appears to be working when when gnucash is started with a German
> locale.

The current german tax files are only designed for a VAT/GST declaration -
eventually I will upload a first sketch for an income declaration to
bugzilla.

A few words about history: In December 2004 Christian created the files as a
proof of concept and asked for testing. Since 2007 they are used in the
german business account template SKR04. IIRC, the Winston/ELSTER electronic
export to tax authorities is incomplete, but probably Jannick knows the
trick?

> This led me to wonder whether it might be possible to create
> something similar for the French tax system.
>
> On IRC Warlord suggested I should contact Christian on this list.
>
> Digging around, the main changes seem to be:
>
> ./scm/txf.scm  ->  txf-de_DE.scm
> ./guile-modules/gnucash/report/taxtxf.scm  ->  taxtxf-de_DE.scm
> ./guile-modules/gnucash/report/locale-specific/us.scm  ->  de_DE.scm
> ./guile-modules/gnucash/tax/us.scm  -->  de_DE.scm

Because it initially was a proof of concept, the file hierarchy is suboptimal.
I would suggest, to use iso coded directories like in accounts: en_US, de_DE,
fr_FR, ... both in src/tax and in src/report/locale-specific. Apparently we
should then also move/adjust the existing files.

> Are there any others I missed?  The diffs don't look very large, but there
> seems to be a fair bit of duplicated code.

Yes, there are only small adjustments, to get the the currency fields of the
german form UStVA in a report. I assume, because we didn't know the meaning
and specs of TXF, 1040 ...

> I'm willing to try to create a French version but just wanted to see if
> anything is already being done in this area.

Good luck!

> Cheers,
> Parker

Cheers