Jalali Calendar (was: Persian Language)

Christian Stimming stimming at tuhh.de
Tue Jan 12 16:17:44 EST 2010

Hello,

Am Dienstag, 12. Januar 2010 schrieb Mehdi Alidoost:
> You can Convert Persian Calendar to or From Gregorian Calendar.
>
> http://www.fourmilab.ch/documents/calendar/

thanks for this pointer - the explanation there is tremendously good.

> we use this scenario on our Persian software: on db side and all BLL of our
> codes we used date as original DateTime objects so we can use db and
> language date time functions.
>
> Just when we want to display dates or calendar we convert it to Persian
> calendar .

This is fine and would work in gnucash as well - with two big exceptions: 1.
The display widget of the calendar needs to be adapted as well. And 2. the
recurrence intervals for Scheduled Transactions would have to be extended to
this calendar as well, see a similar discussion here
http://old.nabble.com/Non-Gregorian-Calendar-Systems-in-KOrganizer-
td26782246.html

I'm not saying this is technically impossible. I'm just saying this is
definitely a non-trivial task. The programming effort is rather on the order
of 4 person-weeks, which is more than what the current volunteers have
available right now. Sorry.

> By attachment I send a simple C# code, it's a date convert class that
> mojoportal ( http://www.mojoportal.com ) use for supporting Persian
> Calendar.
>
> I'm a c# programmer but if I can , I want to help on this issue.

First we would need a C implementation of the date conversion, preferrably as
a conversion of GDate from and to jalali.

Regards,

Christian