Announcing a new sub-project in gnucash: GUI in C++, Qt, CMake.

brad bradhaack at yahoo.com
Sat Mar 6 21:26:54 EST 2010

As a fairly new gnucash user who's considering trying my hand at helping
out with some of the weaknesses in gnucash (OFX import, reports),  this
talk worries me.   Part of it is my experience (which is mostly C),
which includes looking at and considering adopting some other peoples C
++ work which I found very abstract and difficult to follow.   If the
developers need C++, Qt etc to keep it interesting and keep them
involved, then I shouldn't complain, but if the net result is less
effort put forth to bug fixes and user interface improvements then the
users do not gain from this.