Stabilizing 2.4.0

John Ralls jralls at ceridwen.us
Sun Mar 7 12:26:00 EST 2010

On Mar 7, 2010, at 1:34 AM, Christian Stimming wrote:

> I've started at list at
> http://wiki.gnucash.org/wiki/Release_Schedule#Feature_Checklist_for_2.4.0
> and I've inserted items and statuses all that I know of. Please add any
> information which you encounter.

I've added a couple of OSX status items for things I know about.

I also fixed up the releases table to reflect the actual releases so far, and assigned some dates for two more unstable releases (for string freeze and release candidate) and the stable ship date. They're not terribly aggressive (I set April 15 for the string freeze release that was mentioned in January, with the RC/code freeze and initial ship following at 1 month intervals), but there's a fair amount of bug-fixing to do and Phil still hasn't worked out WebKit for MSWin.

Should we declare "feature freeze" at this point, and perhaps make a 2.4 branch?

Regards,
John Ralls