Windows XP, gnucash build problems

Geert Janssens janssens-geert at telenet.be
Wed Mar 10 05:45:41 EST 2010

I'm trying to setup a build environment for GnuCash on WinXP, 32bit to try and
help to fix some windows specific issues.

I have followed the wiki page on Windows and the README file in
packaging/win32, setup a custom.sh and downloaded the required bootstrap
applications.

When I run install.sh, it fails trying to build OpenSP.

Before I spend hours looking at this, I'd like to ask if someone else has hit
this problem as well, or can see at a glance what's wrong.

I have attached the OpenSP buildlog.

I notice several warnings during configure and building. I don't know if they
are relevant.

The build stops because of this error
g++ -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I.. -I../include    -g -O2 -MT
XmlOutputEventHandler.o -MD -MP -MF .deps/XmlOutputEventHandler.Tpo -c -o
XmlOutputEventHandler.o XmlOutputEventHandler.cxx
XmlOutputEventHandler.cxx: In member function `virtual void
OpenSP::XmlOutputEventHandler::inputOpened(OpenSP::InputSource*)':
XmlOutputEventHandler.cxx:1206: error: `realpath' was not declared in this
scope
XmlOutputEventHandler.cxx: In member function `int
OpenSP::XmlOutputEventHandler::maybeCreateDirectories(char*)':
C:/GCDevel/mingw/bin/../lib/gcc/mingw32/3.4.5/../../../../include/io.h:176:
error: too many arguments to function `int mkdir(const char*)'
XmlOutputEventHandler.cxx:1485: error: at this point in file

Any ideas on this ? It seems to work fine on the GC build server...

Geert