Suggested enhancement to Customer, Vendor and Employee Reports.

Derek Atkins warlord at MIT.EDU
Mon Mar 22 10:51:33 EDT 2010

Hi,

Mike Evans <mikee at saxicola.idps.co.uk> writes:

> In addition to how much a customer owes me I also wanted to know how much I
> had earned from that customer over the last year.  It seemed that the customer
> report could provide me that information with a little tweaking of the report
> scheme.  The attached patch adds an extra line below the table, above the
> "Total Due" line with the total amount Invoiced for the selected period.
> Since the same file is used for Vendor and Employee the same data are
> presented, with appropriate changes to the label.

The Customer Report is designed as something to send to the customer.
I wouldn't think that you would want to send the customer a total of
how much they've spent on you.

I do think it would make sense to create such a report as you suggest.

> If you think this is useful to others please incorporate it into the code
> base, if not, well...

I'd rather see it as a new report, or perhaps an extension of the Aging
report (which is for internal use, not for shipping to the customer).