Why is your Software Free

Cam KELLY manwithmotorcycle at gmail.com
Thu Mar 25 17:51:57 EDT 2010

Hi,

   My brother speaks highly of your software and I have a question.
Why is gnucash available for free and/or donation ? I have a limited
understanding of the GNU Software License but if I understand
correctly, you are not required by the license to make gnucash
available "at-no-cost".

   I am a software developer with mid-career experience (about 3
years) and have read 'The Success of Open Source' by Steve Weber and
other on-line commentaries at gnu.org. The police I worked with
previously were leery of open-source software and I continue to
transition to independent work : www.CambridgeSoftware.biz.

your comments are welcome,

-Cam

www.CambridgeSoftware.biz