gnucash 2.3.17 segfaults on sqlite file from 2.3.15

Boyd Kelly bkelly at coastsystems.net
Fri Nov 26 00:29:06 EST 2010

Hello,

I have noticed that an sqlite file that I have saved in (and can still open
with no problem) in gnucash 2.3.15 (Fedora 14 64 bit) cannot be opened in
gnucash 2.3.17.  When I try to open in 2.3.17 I get the message that
"GnuCash could not obtain the lock for file:///home..."  When I click on
"Open Anyway", I get:

/usr/local/bin/gnucash --debug --logto /tmp/gnucash.trace
~/data/financial/gnucash/2010/personal.2010.gnucash.db
Found Finance::Quote version 1.17
Segmentation fault (core dumped)

Please note that this entails no loss of data for me.  I have been saving
this file (with 10 years of data) into mysql, sqlite, and back to xml just
to confirm it all works.  And yes it seems to be ok.  Just this glitch that
seems to related to the database locking mechanism?

If there is anything further I can provide to help please let me know.

Boyd Kelly