queries on mysql

Donald Allen donaldcallen at gmail.com
Sat Nov 27 07:40:03 EST 2010

On Sat, Nov 27, 2010 at 5:23 AM, Fred Verschueren <fvsc at fremar.be> wrote:
> Don,
>
> thanks for your advice and explanation.
> I've done it the way you described and it took me 50 sec per year for one
> account, so in total 25 minutes.

Good.

> Nevertheless I think having the layout of the database can help making own
> reports easy.

Absolutely. I've already done my own report-writing outside gnucash,
processing the xml file (with a python program; python has good xml
parsing facilities in its library), which I reverse-engineered. Having
the data in a database and the data-model documented will makes this
sort of thing much easier and the code less messy.

/Don