Latest Windows Nightly Builds fail with Error Message...Entry Point Not Found

Geert Janssens janssens-geert at telenet.be
Wed Oct 13 09:21:45 EDT 2010

On Wednesday 13 October 2010, Kim Wood wrote:
> Dear Devs,
>
> The last few Windows nightly builds (since the recent WebKit reversion(?))
> will not run.  The failure mode is an error box appears with the following
> message --> "The procedure entry point g_malloc()_n could not be located in
> the dynamic link library libglib-2.0-0.dll  GnuCash seems to fail very
>  early in the loading process.
>
> I believe that the last nightly build to successfully execute was r19572.
>  I cannot get a later nightly build to successfully run.  The error message
>  has appeared since the WebKit reversions.
>
> I am running Windows 7 32 bit Home Premium.  I2 there anything else I can
>  do to help?
>
> Regards,
>
> Kim Wood

Webkit actually never changed until now, but gtk+ has switched from 2.16 to
2.20 (the day after r19572) and back to 2.16 (in r19641 on October 5th).

I don't have access to the build server for the moment, but I wonder if the
nightly builds are still picking up the 2.20 gtk+ libraries.
Christian, did you remove the gnome directory from the build server after
reverting the 2.20 patch ?

Alternatively the problem could also be locally on your machine if an update
from one version to another didn't properly remove some old (or rather too
new) libary. Did you uninstall GnuCash before installing the latest nightly
build ?

That may solve the issue.

Geert