Doubled documentation

Cristian Marchi cri79 at libero.it
Fri Oct 15 07:57:17 EDT 2010

Looking more deeply at the GnuCash documentation, I noticed that some
chapter are almost identical in both the Manual and the Tutorial and
Concepts guide.

As an example the description of the Preferences with screenshots is
almost identical in both documents: this is not needed at all. In my
opinion this section, must be included only in the Help [1] and not in
the concepts guide[2]. In the latter there could be some references to
the preferences section in the help where needed in a tutorial. Same
apply to the "tip of the day" section.

Also reading [1] and [2] it's clear that the first was intended as a
guided tutorial while the second is a description of the interface,
commands, assistants and options that GnuCash provides.

I'm sure that by browsing these documents some other sections are
unnecessarily doubled.

I would like to open a bug to track this change (and the others that
will be discovered of the same type) if you agree with it. Or is better
to track the modifications in a wiki page?
I'm available to work on this issue.

Regards
Cristian

[1]Tutorial and Concepts Guide (guide folder)
As described in the markup <releaseinfo>: This Guide contains a tutorial
for using GnuCash and describes the concepts behind GnuCash.

[2]Help Manual(help folder)
As described in the markup <releaseinfo>: This Manual describes how to
use the GnuCash financial software